About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Saturday 21 July 2012

Works a Carnival..

Wednesday at work it was a lovely beaming hot day as normal, except Northeastern had a free event going on in the central common area, which was a miini carnival!  Having my lunch hour we took advantage of the festivities and headed over for some free cotton candy and popcorn!  Following up with making sweet sand sculptures, which has now been christened my first work office decoration.  Its perks like this that just enhance my placement here at Northeastern, its a delight heading into work wondering whats going to differentiate my days!

Yesterday at work I was able to particiapte in a very important event whilst hosting international councillors interested in our university for prospectful students to apply.  I felt I had a lot of advice to offer even though I had only been here two weeks, I am an international student so to speak and could answer niggling questions on what it is like to move from a foreign country and arrive at such a wonderful place.

These little beauties were my handy craftmanship, I prepared 39 of them to be exact which we gifted our guests to welcome them to Northeastern University.  I hope there experience was a pleasant one even if it was just for a short day, reflecting my pleasurable experiences I have had settling in over the past few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment