About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Thursday 20 June 2013

Reflection


As I sit here and prep my thoughts for tomorrow, in my ‘Northeastern University’ red Tee and black shorts (so totally a diehard husky now) I cannot believe what day it is tomorrow.

Tomorrow, alas, is my final day within my Industrial Placement at Northeastern University.  I have had an incredible journey in the United States on placement, and could not have hoped that the year went any differently!  It will definitely be a ‘bitter sweet’ day with mixed emotions saying all of my goodbyes. I am so utterly excited to return home, after physically not seeing any family or friends since June 2012, and of course.. .. I am more than saddened by my time running out here in Boston.
It will be merely a see you later, farewell tomorrow- as, as always, c’est la vie. I knew I was going to have to go home after my 12 months were up, and I am embracing in the beauty that has been my rollercoaster of an experience in Boston throughout the times I have smiled, laughed, cried, shouted, screamed with happiness, and most importantly grew in knowledge and experience here within the Higher Institution.

This evening I managed to enjoy the Institute of Contemporary Art with my new ‘Boston babies’ the new international Co-ops, embracing our co-op positions for the 2013-2014 cycle of placement. It was a lovely night, to ease my mind whilst pondering around weird and wonderful sculptures and creations.. .. I should mention we also got FREE ‘Kickass Cupcakes’ en route home, a smile gets you a long way these days.. J

No comments:

Post a Comment