About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Pancake Day!


Happy pancake day/Mardi Gras/FAT TUESDAY!!!!!! Today is Shrove Tuesday, which means for us in Scotland Pancake Day! We traditionally empty our cupboards of all the items we no longer want to eat during the month of lent, and bake tons and tons of pancake’s to act as a base to the normally sugary and junk foods we are trying to lose. It is a day of eating, and for foodies a day of experimenting and trying to make the most MIGHTY pancake stack seen to mankind. Today in America we celebrate the same idea, however it is called Fat Tuesday, which does what it says on the tin.  A Tuesday of getting plump and stuffed until your fasting begins.  Many people don’t even do lent, however do Shrove Tuesday as who really passes by a food fest?.... …

Beads, masks, boas, beads, hats, and more beads. After work a few friends and I all headed to Stetson East on Northeastern Universities campus to celebrate the evening with many students hyped up and hungry. The atmosphere was great, with the live band and copious amounts of food everyone smiled as they royally stuffed themselves like their Christmas turkeys!

Earlier on in the day we made it to one of the ISSI Beyond Border events, today they were focusing on Israel.  I learned about the misconceptions on this software savy, technology driven country, from speaker Esker who is Northeastern alumna as well as a now dual citizen of Israel and America.  Adding to my total consumed foods today, I got to try traditional Israeli cuisine which was as I always appreciate, a treat to my tastebuds.

There are more of these events planned, if you would like the chance to learn more about a country, and meet with students, alumni and faculty/staff take a look at the dates, and we’ll see you there: http://www.northeastern.edu/coopconnections/programs-events/events/ The next event is Brazil March, 20.

Happy digesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment