About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Sunday 10 February 2013

Finding NEMO


Nobody this weekend should be saying the phrase, ‘wheres Nemo’ as this weekend in Boston and all of New England, we have been hit by the Nemo Snow Storm. Expecting a frantic Friday with the Thursdays news hype of the trooping storm approaching, I woke up in the morning with not even a sight of snow.  It was cold, check. windy, check but I couldn’t see the sight of the fluffy white stuff which we had all been expecting.  Luckily, for safety precautions we had all been given a Snow day off work.  Even more luckily, my awesome ‘I’ TEAM which I like to call us, (the International Admissions team) had been given the technology and equipment to work from home, so I had spent the day meeting my goals and work priorities keeping standards high. By the end of the day, the snow had hit.  A storm, not yet.

Eat, pray, love was screened in our apartment which made my very happy, after reading the book. The story within the novel inspires me to be happy in life, finding what my best fit in life is, not others. Travelling is encouraged and I MUST follow my feet, tiptoeing to new sights and experiences in life which will shape my clay sculpture of a life.

Saturday arrived, and we had now by this point stopped looking for Nemo. .. … With roughly two foot of snow barricading our door we braved the cold, barefooted, and all dived outside to chill outside, excuse the pun. A walk around the very frozen and snow layered reservoir we enjoyed watching the Bostonians snowboard downhill, perfect snow angels and curve the best mighty snowball ever seen.  We marched frozenfooted, chitterling chaps back to the apartment via the local store stocking up on groceries and snacks to tide us over a few more days. By Saturday night the snow amounts fallen in the past 24 hours was incredibly, I can truthfully say have never seen so much snow!! Forever checking things off my Boston to-do list.
Sunday sleighed in and we have pondered and plodded outside for froyo and a nice walk. And, yes, you did read correctly….. We happily bought frozen yogurt with delicious toppings on such a horribly cold day! It has been a great weekend of snowdays, snowballs, snow angels, movies, great food and fantabulous time with my friends…… …. If we forget about the cold feet and fingers.




No comments:

Post a Comment