About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Tuesday 12 February 2013

HuskiesVSEagles.


NORTHHHH EASTERN. NORTHHH EASTERNNNNN. As the diehard huskies bellowed out their game chants, the Mens ice hockey final teams were skating their paws of down below on the ice in the TD Gardens.  The Mens Beanpot final happened last night, and boy did it happen with a bang, or shall I say massive WOOOOF! With my excellent hockey coaching received in previous games via my incredible Boss and friends, I knew exactly what was going on and the rules- which, funnily enough actually emphasizes the incredible atmosphere of the game, if being in the bouncing crowds isn’t enough adrenaline boosters. College hockey, so I’ve been told, is a whole different ‘puck’ game than that of Ice Hockey with the Boston Bruins etc since the students really fight for their teams, giving them as much support  as possible! This could be bias, but I really think that the Huskies fans give it their best, compared to the other oppositions from other games (I’ve now only been to four games..) who seem not as chanter’ful. LETS GO HUSKIES!!!! ……. Regardless of the score at the end of the game, we lost to Boson College.. …… I had an AWEsome experience cheering on our team for the three periods! Sadly, we left a few minutes ending the game, and missed the BC kids ‘traditional’ celebratory winning action, they fling streamers into the ice rink and roar with gleeee, after being such eager eagles! My colleague in work, who is Boston College alumni, but northeastern staff showed me the video of their happiness and utter euphemism once they had won.












Being in the crowds is the best part of these games, for me… since horse-riding is my sport I naturally enjoy watching that to any other sport – so lapping up the experience like a true thirsty Husky is just great! A little extra treat bone to our husky fans, is that President Aoun comes into the crowds and cheers on the players, one with the dog pack. Luckily he came over to us, enticed by our Husky attire, and we managed to get a picture of the moment!



We have waited 25 years to win the Beanpot since winning, so an extra year won’t go a miss, perhaps our Huskies with snow storm teams next year and come out topDOG in 2014, which I will be most definitely trying to stream online back in Scotland!!

No comments:

Post a Comment