About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Monday 8 April 2013

March Madness


As mentioned earlier I had participated in March Madness, it didn’t end well. Sadly as an optimistic scot I backed the royal, Dukes. Having left the game within the final four I was out. Throughout the game though I learned heaps. Having started the game amongst colleagues, I first thought the questions, how is your bracket looking, clearly meant a wall bracket and was it nailed in well, still up etc. I was wrong. American college basketball is the game and winning amongst 8 rounds is the goal. Wanting to win, if you do something may as well try and to it the best, I sat for three hours researching what a bracket was… what their ranks meant and why this was so great. It’s awesome watching your teams win, and lose as the banter which is generated between your team rivals is great. If only I could gloat with glory of being a Scottish girly winning against all the Americans, perhaps next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment