About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Monday 15 April 2013

Marathon Monday


After hearing the awful news from this afternoons explosions during Boston’s most famous marathon, it saddens me to type that I was so thankful and happy to have missed the manic madness during the marathon.  Having planned this weekend so far back, we had clashed dates with many events such as the Husky Ambassador gala and marathon Monday. I would have been lying if I said once this realization hit before the weekend I wasn’t upset at the event clashes, but as I sit here on thus back to Boston full of best wishes and hope for the injured, I am so glad to have spent a crazily cheery weekend away from Beantown.

Sadly I’ll remember this day of missing the marathon with my thoughts of fear for friends that could have been injured in the explosions which occurred at the final of the Boston marathon, on Boylston street right in the city center. Its terrible news, which no one ever wants to read and my thoughts go out to everyone who experienced the trauma today, and to the families who have lost their loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment