About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Saturday 9 February 2013

Enroll here


Today was different from most extra working Saturdays.  Volunteering my time, since it was not required as usual I had the pleasure of working alongside the Admissions and Recruitment staff on another Welcome weekend on Northeastern Universities campus.  This weekend was different, because I was no longer welcoming ‘newbie’ students, but students who had chosen Northeastern, and been accepted. A whole new ball game in the Admissions cycle, as I was learning. Today was a marketing day, and I relished the challenge.  Why Northeastern, Why Boston, Why Experiential learning Opportunities and why should I enroll to come here? Lots of new questions were thrown at me today, on the spot working alongside the talented professionals on the Admissions Table, in which I tried my hardest to answer successfully.  I got the lovely opportunity to speak with many families and admitted students on why I love Northeastern, a story I would tell a thousand times if required.

Truly since I arrived here June 2012 I have loved every minute, every day, every week and every month.  There are a mound of opportunities piling on Northeasterns beautiful urban campus, a mountain that every student should challenge their selves to climb. I know, for a fact, that if I had the experiential learning element of study so readily available for me to do, I would have grabbed it with all my might.  The talent and experience graduating students from Northeastern have when entering the industrial world is incredible and, forever thirsty, I have only managed to lap up some of it.

After a great afternoon of work, I enjoyed a free lunch (who said there was no such thing as a free lunch) with colleagues winding down from our eventful day meeting all of the amazing students.

Until next time Northeastern!  .. ……. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment