About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Sunday 3 February 2013

Museum Marvels and Bagels.

The first weekend every month, the Bank of America gives all of their customers the chance to go to their local museums for free admissions, so of course we were keen to visit the Museum of Fine Arts (FOR FREE).((I also should maybe mention at this point that all Huskies from Northeastern University already get free admission to the MFA, being an NU student just gets better and better!!!))  It’s ludicrous to think that I walk past this marvelous collection box every day to go to work, and have yet to even step up its stairs inside.  Molly, Safaa and myself woke up early birds and headed to the doors opening for 10am, conveniently this weekend was also the weekend that Mario Testinos collection of Royals and Celebrities left the exhibition. Killing two birds with one stone, I guess. We enjoyed marveling at the massive colorful cheaky snaps that had been put out for the public viewing. Some of the pictures just inspired you to be a celebrity just for the sheer bragging rights of having an amazing picture taken by the man himself, Mario Testino.  Testinos pictures capture not only the scene but character but also the personal space with the camera and the model, I really like the in-depth view he gave from most of his work.
 
 
Afterwards, to shake of the drizzly snow that was softly hazing over our clothes we headed to a small café called Pavement, which ironically is what we Brits say as the sidewalk. How lovely. Over bagels and mochas we caught up with Safaa who has just returned from a month of torturous (more sun sea and friends) travels in Brazil. Her pictures were almost MFA worthy of the beautiful coast lines with a dreamy sunset, the heat definitely sounded a lot more pleasing than the -16 degrees C we have been experiencing here.




No comments:

Post a Comment