About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Monday 11 February 2013

'SuckstoBU'... .


What could be more mind replenishing than watching ice hockey and shouting all of your tensions away. Tonight we cheered and roared like lions, supporting our womans ice hockey team.  The match was held in Mathews arena the oldest ice hockey stadium in MA. This was more of a support affair night, and Admissions were attending as the best support team I knew, for the womans ice hockey.  Normally Mathews arena is extremely packed hustling and shaking with diehard huskies roaring like the best Sumbas known to mankind…… clapclap,clapclapclap……LETS GO HUSKIES!!!!  But tonight the turnout was poorer than the men’s games, the crowd however never let that phase them and still chanted and clapped towards victory against our pedigree opponents! We, however enjoyed the function before hand for faculty and staff getting our paws warmed up for the game!

It was cool to see the woman’s team battle it out, as I’ve only ever seen the men play.  Although it is supposed to be a non-contact match, I’m pretty sure I saw a few paws flying from both the Terriers and Huskies. Tonight we were against Boston University, this was the semi-final, the decider to who was going to play on the final Tuesday 12th in Mathews arena, against Harvard!

Being with the Admission Counselors was inspiring, as they glared at their fellow enrolled students, the pride you saw from the Counselor of each talented girl on the ice rink was lovely.  I really love working amongst such inspiring professionals, who love to work and make students dreams.  Giving them a golden ticket (to NU and all of the amazing life opportunities and experiences) and to kickstart students fruitful futures, down the yellow brick road of the unplanned and achievable.

I also learned a lot from my Supervisor and Boss about icehockey tonight, pour example:
-A player charged with a minor penalty is sent off the ice for two minutes, with no sub allowed.

-Major penalties is sent off the ice for five minutes, and the most common major penalty is fighting. (naughty)

-Understanding the simplest things like the rink zones, split into three zones; the defending zone, neutral zone and the attacking zone- has helped a lot since I now know what is going on within the rink right infront of me.

For future games, I will know the rules and what’s actually going on in front of me!





No comments:

Post a Comment