About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Friday 6 July 2012

My July 4th.

To my surprise we had July 4th off work, I never assumed we would get a holiday off work but understanding the importance of independence day it’s obvious to have a day of to reflect on Americas history and to enjoy your day celebrating Americas past, present and future.


On my July 4th, I headed into the Boston Harbour area, which I enjoyed watching the many big old tall ships sailing the sea, showing off their elegance fabulous structures.




Meeting some sailors testing boys strengths at their pitch tent, indulging in free goodies which were getting given out in celebration of today. 
Walking alongside the Charles River was a treat, there were so so so soo many people out with tents, blankets, towels, BBQs and drinks awaiting the fireworks which were taking place at night.  I managed to go into the Hatchshell area and experience where the Boston Pops concert was going to be taking place, which was cool as there were just as many people crammed into the area happily awaiting for the concert to start later on in the evening.




It was a great atmosphere anywhere you went with Blue, White and Red floating around everywhere showing of the colours of the American Flag!

  


I'm hoping next year to do celebrate more, but I think I did not too bad at experiencing some of the festivites of July 4th considering it was only my 2nd week of being in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment