About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Sunday 15 July 2012

Revere Beach-Sand Sculpture Festival.

Yesterday was sOOO much fun!

SUNfun!
The sun was shining (as normal since I've been here) so we decided to head to Revere beach as the lovely Ketty had recommended we went since a festival was taking place to celebrate the end of a three week long sand sculpting competition!
We arrived a tad early, so Molly and I enjoyed walking the promenade- gathering our freebies (which is always great) and bought some snow cones.  We had never had one before and since we are now in America we thought why not.  They had such a sugary candy taste, and a ravishing refreshingly good savior from the hazy hot day.  Poor Molly dropped hers half-way through and didn’t get to experience the bubbleGUM ball at the bottom.. .
We met with Ketty along with her family and host students on the sandy warm beach facing the sea.  It was great to relax and chat about life in Boston and what we had to look forward to getting hints and tips of where to go, and what to do.  She kindly bought us the most thirst-quenching selection of melons, cherries and strawberries for dinner which was so generous and tasty! 
We tried American Freshly Squeezed Lemonade, which was good though my gosh it was sweet.  We watched her make the lemonade in front of us and we saw roughly 3/4 full table spoons of sugar, ice, water and 1 lemon juice go directly into each of our cups.  So ZESTY. I will most definitely take this back home and let everyone try some real fresh lemonade next summer in Scotland.

To top off our night we sat back watching a fantastic fury of fireworks BOOMandBANG in front of us for a good 30 minutes to celebrate Revere Beach and all its past along with the festival accommodating the sand Sculpting competition. 



 That night I also tried my first McDonalds in the U.S... Having a southern fried chicken burger as the menu is a tad different from that in Scotland with no McChicken Sandwiches!
All in all a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment