About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Leaving Scotland to travel to Boston, Massachusetts.


This morning when I woke up, I was nervous at the fact I didn’t quite feel nervous.  I don’t think it had sunk in that I was in a few hours, flying to Boston, MA to live for a year.  I got to the airport around 630am and when I arrived I found out that my flights had been changed.  It wasn’t the best of news to hear this early in the morning but they sorted all my connecting flights and instead of flying GLA-DUB-BOS I was now flying GLA-NWY-BOS flying with United and no long Aer Lingus.  Which was ok, but it now meant I was arriving at 5pm and not my previously scheduled 1pm losing most of my day.  

The long haul flight was pleasant; I slept for an hour or so and got to watch Chronicle, 21 Jump Street and This Means War.  I was also served 3 meals and unlimited juices, which was nice.  Arriving in Newark Int Airport I had to transfer my bag onto my connecting flight which was less painless than I had expected.  Of my bag went, and on I went to find a comfy chair to sit and read my magazine for the 4 hours I now had to wait.  I met a nice American couple who worked for United and we chatted about all the different places they had been to in the world since flying for them was like using a bus (a free bus at that) so they could go wherever, whenever they weren’t working.  It sounded like I should have a career change into the airline industry.  They also gave me a nice gift from United airline a little sponsor badge from United for the USA Olympics team, which staff were only given.  

My flight was delayed a further hour due to heavy rain and thunderstorms.   Which was all I needed as the intern that is already out in Boston had kindly offered to meet me at the airport and help me to our apartment!  I got to Boston eventually at 6pm and met Adam.  We took the shuttle and the T back to the Apartment which is in Brighton, my new home for the year.  I unpacked and settled my things, met Heather the other intern who had kindly washed my bed linen and cleaned the apartment and off I went to sleep after a 6am-8pm days of traveling (USA time, being 1am in the UK).

No comments:

Post a Comment