About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Saturday 30 June 2012

HAAAHVAD


We took a wander up to Harvard University and ended up getting a free tour around as well!  This is a picture of John Harvard the founder.  His boot has been rubbed away over the years as it is supposed to bring good luck for prosperous students trying to get in to the university, and luck for those who need it- its been said people rub body parts on it to make them improve, faces to become more beautiful etc!  Unfortunately I didn’t rub his boot this time round as they recommend you wash your hands after wards… .. next time I’ll bring the hand sanitizer.   I will be returning to see it all again when my friends fly out to work and play with me across in Boston!



 On the left is a now used 'Shirt Shop' though we were told in the quide that the top two floors above were used for the secret society meetings back in the day!.. ..

On the right, is a bananna and strawberry yogurt smoothie from J.P LICKS.  I had never tried anything from here but it was so delicious!  J.P Licks is very well known here, and i can see why, it has amazing flavour and the cafes themselfs offer a nice atmospher with cows and grass all stuck to the wall.



From there we headed into Park St, Boston Common for some hard 2nd last week shopping with Adam the intern whom is leaving to go back to Scotland soon.  It’s so weird thinking that in a year I’ll be doing the same! For now though, I’m saving my pennies and playing the window shopping at its best!  We then headed to Vapianos an Italian style restaurant which accommodates pasta and pizza lovers!  There was so many choices, and I went the safe option of taglietelle carbonara, my favourite.  I couldn’t finish my mighty portion so luckily they offer doggy bags in which I’ll use for tomorrows dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment