About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Fortune COOKIES

Today, 12/5 I attended the Northeastern University Beyond Borders Event exploring specifically China today.  I got to listen to two student speakers explaining their experiences within the United States, and within China.  Showing their personal comparisons on cultural differences, and the way of life habits.

I really enjoyed their presentations learning about the comparisons, and tips on what to know if I was to travel across to that part of the world.  I even got a Fortune Cookie, which I learned from a student at my table, that these are not actually traditionally chinese.  They were, from what they claimed, boosted by the Americans on a false interpretation on Chinese fortune tellers... interesting.. 

And so within my cookie- authentic or not- my fortune inside read:
"Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness." 
Which of course guides me to atleast face some troubles with some courage, than to avoid them all together making it harder to cure.  Or along those lines.. .
 
My chinese word was, Pumpkin- which related heavily to my past few weeks in New Jersey enjoying, pumpkin: soup, cookies, beer, pie and even pumpkin air freshener!

No comments:

Post a Comment