About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Sunday 14 October 2012

HUSKY pride

Wow- this weekend I have well and truly became a dieHARDhusky.  Well perhaps I haven’t become one yet, or completed enough dedication or love for the hairy crowd though I definitely have felt a part of the amazing Northeastern University spirit!

This week has been Homecoming week on campus, with lots of advertising on campus for voters to pick their favorites for Homecoming King and Queen, Community events, team activities bringing all the students together to one finale night of a Basketball showdown and cheerleading cheers and crowds supporting all that does NU PROUD.  This was my first experience seeing basketball taking place in front of me physically, it was a fun sport which I enjoyed watching slamDUNKS after slumDUNNNKS. Seeing the dance group and cheerleaders was the best as well, i secretly wish I could have joined in on the punching and kicking smiling and singing riling up the crowds!!  Seeing the King and Queen being crowned was pretty special as well, another first experience.  I wore full red and black attire to work on the Thursday to show our NU Husky Pride! 
LETS GO HUSKIES *clap clap clap*  the many many cheers and chants which I learned tonight was phenomenal.  Seeing the DOGhouse in all its bouncing buzzing glory, across from the GODhouse, Northeastern University students teamed up to show our rivals Boston College what we really had to give.  It was my first time at an ice-hockey game and BOY did I enjoy it.  The atmosphere in Mathews Arena was intense, and everyone viewing the chilly choppy game was truly intimidating.  I became warped in the game, screaming chants, waving arms and bouncing at the slightest hint of glory.  During a break from one of the periods we got on the ‘dance cam’ which is the big screens in the middle of the rink which is screened during the break showing the crowds shaking their best.  It was so much fun.  To top my first night watching the ice-hockey NU won the match.  We bet BC 3-1 and now I have read that we are now in the rankings at No. 14, which is grand since NU hasn’t made it into the top 20 rankings in three years. http://www.northeastern.edu/news/2012/10/mens-hockey-skates-into-national-rankings/




I’m positive I’m the good luck charm in the crowds, so I MUST attend future matches to help the scores rocket higher.  I ended the night by baking a beastly Apple Pie with Michelles freshly picked apples she got the day before on an apple farm outside of Boston.  It was truly scrumptious.

LETS GO HUSKIES!


On the Sunday I walked with Northeastern University’s, The National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) around the 5 mile walk for Making Strides against Breast Cancer!  We walked with many donors and volunteers who helped raise a total $1, 860, 436.21 for the massive cause, on the drizzly Sunday morning. We warmed our treaded trainers in the famous Cheers Boston Bar, dining with a pub Burger and some friendly chitterchatter.



No comments:

Post a Comment