About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Monday 29 October 2012

Frankenstorm Frights

Monday morning, rise at 630am get set- get ready and head into work for 830.  Today I didnt follow this routine.  Hurricane Sandy has caused Northeastern University to close for the day due to health and safety concerns, the MBTA shut down at 2pm this afternoon and we have grown close to cabin fever sitting in our apartment all day watching the wind blow and howl past on its ferocious path.

Luckily, or maybe perhaps unluckily our friend Saf had locked herself out of her flat and we have grown an extra roommate for the day.  We have made pancakes smothered in sugar, stawberrys, grapes and blackberrys.  Layered with numerous New Girl episodes, sprinkled with music and dancing- our day has flewww in.  Right now we're are chewing on carameled apples, with our eyes glued to the 90210 episode.

On this website they show MA missing the eye of the storm.  Luckily I think we will be back to work tomorrow, but I just hope any one within the storms path is ok and stays safe:  http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/211343.shtml?5-daynl

Living through Frankenstorm is definitely something I won't forget.  Just how lucky we are to have missed the full brunt of the storm, watching the news all day and seeing what people are having to deal with is something I will always remember.  It could of been a lot worse where I stay but thankfully we have missed the worse: http://science.time.com/2012/10/29/frankenstorm-why-hurricane-sandy-will-be-historic/


Lots of social media fake pictures were buzzing around the internet like a terrible plague.  No we were not living in a movie set, this was real life and these pictures just create hype that should be focused on real problems and worries and not silly little 'fish in the sea'.. .. .
http://theweek.com/article/index/235578/10-fake-photos-of-hurricane-sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment