About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Monday 29 October 2012

Extra Events at work

I got to work two extra Saturdays at work, which at first sounds terrible as I'm loosing an extra days weekend to the normal person- but to me I thought this was a geat opportunity to try something new and experience areas of co-op that I hadnt yet had the chance to do so.

Northeasterns Open House- 22nd October.
I had been required to work this day within my co-op position with the International Admissions team in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.  I was proud to arrive at 7am sharp and help the flock of families and prospective students around the campus and answer their eager questions.  Being privileged to work alongside all of the other knowledgeable admissions counselors and student recruitment team, I learned that team work is a must, and customer service goes a LONG way when introducing new clients to a business... .Everyone was so pleasant, and I have given my time to work at the next Open House coming up in November to continue to welcome all those interested futures to our prestigious campus.
On this day I even learned things about Northeastern that were new to me, how things worked- a lot of new staff members and their roles on the campus, and how everything rolled together behind scenes, to then reveal a marvelous red carpet of events throughout the day. 
http://www.northeastern.edu/admissions/visitcampus/open_house.html






Northeasterns Parents Weekend - 29th October.
Today I was lucky enough to be asked from a different department to work during the Saturday of Parents Weekend.  Even though this day was not required for me to work, I certainly took the opportunity to again learn something new.  I was working with a whole new department, and met some inspirational characters and understood that so much hard work and preparation had taken part prior to this day.  I fortunately just got to reap working the final day where everything was again coming together like the cherry on top of the cake presentation.  Luckily I had to take part in a duck boat tour guide as the parents needed a 'guide' I obliged obviously, clearing my throat to bark out the most impressive QUACKS in the group. Families enjoyed many many NU events, from comedians, pumpkin dressups, BBQs, presentations and advice, guided tours around Boston and all its offerings in the compact wonderful city. I again met a bunch of lovely families who certainly enjoyed my 'exotic' accent from Scotland- funnily I was introduced to a Fathers family, whom had come from The University of Glasgow, grew up close to where I lived and is now a Director in the NY Bank of America.   The world is certainly full of many opportunities and paths, and today I learned that I have many choices to make- so far I made the best choice co-oping with Northeastern and I am so thankful and lucky to be here right now experiencing everything daily.






GO HUSKIES!



No comments:

Post a Comment