About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Sunday 16 September 2012

BellyFLOP

Splish, Splash SPLOSH.
Wow.



Myself and Molly took the Harbour Island Whale Watching cruise with BHC -BostonHarborCruises- during a lovely long summery day.
Luckily our tour ended up being 12noon until 5pm. I was delighted at this fact, as the mighty $35 ticket to go on the cruise was stretched out another two hours than what they estimate it will take.  I'm sure some families did not plan on being on the boat for this long, but for me I was in my total element.  

We viewed 7 humb back whales in their natural environment just off the coast, deep diving for their lunch, which consisted of a few tonne of fishes. It took some exploring to find them, as ofcourse you cant just easily throw a bone and watch them come skipping to you.  We were lucky enough to see a whale jump out of the water and do a whirl flip to deep dive back down to the sea.  Everyone was in awe, complete astonishment. Even the tour guide had mentioned how lucky our group had been to witness this, as it does not happen on every guide. (even if this wasnt true, and it happens every day- we or atleast I felt extremely lucky and special just to be out here in the open breeze watching these lovely creatures)

On the way home offcourse, all sane human beings were inside deck, with coffee and cosiness.We got to lie out on the front deck of the boat, alone myself and Molly- and the sea.(and the wonderfully wicked whistling wind) It was such a nice breether from our work routines and enjoying the weekend sun!
I enjoyed my day out with Molly crusing the big waves finding these massive natural animals having a whale of a time (excuse the pun) getting on with there lifes. I would recommend it to any one!  But please remember, a jumper (it does get cold when you are going very fast on the boat), sun screen (your outside ALL day), camera AND batteries, and a very POSITIVE outlook at these are natural animals, so if you dont see them on your first guide- you are allowed another chance to go at another date for free.

HAPPY WHALING!




No comments:

Post a Comment