About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Friday 3 August 2012

BritishBUDDIESandHAGGIS

This week my Scottish family grew one larger becoming now three.  Katie Masheter arrived with a broken bulky bag, droopy eyes, hazy tired head but still beaming her smile and chirpy personality.  Arriving at work, I contained my utter GLEE as much as possible hugging her like a sister, she’s here- IN BOSTON.
Becoming a tour guide for the 2nd time, we met with the marvellous Molly after I finished work and headed to home, sweet home.  It’s quite surreal having now two close friends staying with me in the states.  I really don’t feel like I’m 3325 miles away from home as I have my happy homely housemates with me.

On Tuesday we wined (Irn Bru) and dined at the only Scottish themes restaurant in the whole of new England called The Haven JP.  Surprisingly and very luckily it so happened to be the night of a Scottish charity night, hosted by the ‘Saltire foundation’.  The Haven graciously squeezed the 8 of us into the event allowing the ‘3 Scottish and 5 Americans’ enjoy the evening of Scottish poetry and songs.  We even slyly won the Scottish quiz though we weren’t included in the draw as understandably we weren’t event members and being Scottish helped answer the questions!  We all dived into the scrumptious cuisine being that of Haggis, scotch eggs, fried mars bars and washed it down with the Scottish fizzy pop drink being IrnBRU!  Overall a proper pure dead brilliant wee night out, CHEARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment