About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Friday 3 May 2013

Glad for the Grads


An early 5am rise was completely worth being able to witness the sights and celebrations which took place today.  Northeastern University really knows how to host an event, volunteering my time at the TD Gardens, I worked alongside a mighty team of Northeastern professionals who also had volunteered their time to work behind and on the scenes of the 2013 commencement.  After a quick business breakfast we shuffled together and were given our priorities for the morning, I was working alongside a respected procurement colleague Mr. M.McNamara within the seating sections for NU staff and relations. It was a great task to have, as it allowed McMahon and McNamara to view the convocation in excellent birds eye positions.  The TD Gardens roared with student’s laughter, and parent’s glee mixed with tears of happiness when everyone started pouring down the aisles, with decorated caps and gowns everywhere I was in awe at the event taking place in front of me.  Being able to hear key speaker, Jim Yong Kim, president of the World Bank Group, speech and sigh at his hiccup of calling us Northwestern University, which I might add was very well recovered, it was a morning I won’t forget- witnessing an American Graduation.






After the graduating seniors received their certificate awards for their efforts, I met with friends on campus to congratulate them all on their superb successes and fruitful futures! It was then onwards to dinner with my close friend Michelle and her family and friends. Having the opportunity to be involved in such an emotional evening, I was very touched to be invited, and I could not be more proud of my clever cookie friend, Michelle! 

  
Congrats Huskies!!!

"Northeastern University welcomed students, university leadership, faculty, staff, family and friends to celebrate its 111th commencement on Friday, May 3, 2013 at TD Garden. Graduating seniors were lauded for their remarkable academic achievements and unique global experiences.

The uni­ver­sity presented hon­orary degrees to an accom­plished group of influ­en­tial leaders, as well as one that rec­og­nizes the first respon­ders and law enforce­ment per­sonnel who acted with extra­or­di­nary courage, com­pas­sion, and resolve fol­lowing the tragic Boston Marathon bombings.
" To watch the FULL commencement please see the youtube recording: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3uORGuT6eo 

No comments:

Post a Comment