About Me

My photo
Welcome to my world (well my online collection, that is). I invite you to read and explore my nicoco thoughts & adventures be it at home, in the city of Glasgow, around Scotland or elsewhere on this extraordinary earth. I thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. Photography is fun, laughing is underrated and smiling is always the way forward! BA (Hons) Business Studies 4th Year Student interested in Marketing, @ Glasgow Caledonian University. Currently living in Scotland physically, on cloud nine mentally. I enjoy exploring, traveling, and experiencing anything which crosses my yellow brick road journey in life!

Monday 27 May 2013

Movements in Miami

Our first morning, and first view of Miami Beach
After a ridiculous early morning rise, and flagging down a very fancy taxi we were jetsetting down south for a weekend of heat heat heat. Miami was our destination, relaxing was our aspiration. A Cuban breakfast, but of course, to start our weekend just one block from the beach, we checked into your lovely Hostel in North Miami Beach and awaited the arrival of my Scottish come Texas friends!  Sarah, a friend and student from Scotland at my University also on the same Industrial Placement Program as I- but working within a different industry in Texas met myself and Molly in Miami with her younger sister, Laura! Learn by doing. 
This whole weekend was again short but so sweet- I managed to relax and enjoy catching up with missed friendships, and most importantly GET SOME SUNSHINE! Viewing South Miami Beach was a treat, the historic art deco district, which spans far is beautiful.  All of the buildings seem like they should be picked up and placed in a different scenic landscape. We shopped (more like window shopped) the Kardashians boutique clothes shop, DASH and rollerbladed down the boardwalk! Can I let everyone into a mammoth secret, rollerblading is not as easy as it looks, I assumed I would be a pro (almost pro) with the knowledge of ice skating but I ended up only knowing how to go forward, and unable to stop. Luckily, or perhaps unluckily I flew down a hill within the boardwalk and CATAPULTED myself into a large green bush out of the bath, crash landing and stopped by objects= superrrrrrrrb.
In true tourist travels, we wondered the areas and stumbled up on memorials and landmarks in Miami, and ended our last night of the four day journey over in Downtown Miami at a scrumptious Chinese restaurant beside the harbor. Walking straight up the Ocean Drive strip was interesting, full of Cubans and holidays goers enjoying the sun and sangrias crowded by these magnificent buildings. It felt like I was in the game Grand Theft Auto walking up the grassy areas beside the beach with all of the public walking past. .. . You see, you believe.

It was a late night chatting, and saying our goodbyes before an early morning rise to fly back up to BOS on the Monday.
A marvelous long weekend enjoying the sights of Miami, I even think I tanned slightly!

South Miami Beach

3rd day on the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment